Casual Reviews of Movies, Music, and Literature

Friday, January 13, 2017

Top 15 Albums of 2016

Okay, okay, okay - I'm gonna be honest with you guys: I'm a little burned out on writing reviews right now. I just finished a massive, 5-part "100 Best Albums of All Time" list, and then I jumped right into the "Top Ten Films of 2016" list. All this, on top of the novel I've been writing, and the book I've been editing, means I'm positively pooped. (However, keep you eyes open for my short story collection called Strawberry Hill, available later this year by GenZ Publishing! Find it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble's website!)

So, submitted for you approval, is this very stripped-down overview of 2016's best albums. No reviews here. Just a simple, no-frills list. I hope it'll suffice for the time being! Note: Like my "100 Best Albums" list, I avoided classical and orchestral albums here. If I didn't? Well, then this would be a pretty one-sided list. So I stuck to the regular stuff - rock, jazz, soul, rap, folk, whatever. Read, listen, and enjoy!

(*Honorable Mentions: Holy Ghost - Modern Baseball, The Life of Pablo - Kanye West, Midwest Farmer's Daughter - Margo Price, Vibrant - Dreamshade, Weezer - Weezer)

15.) Apricity - Syd Arthur
14.) Emily's D+ Evolution - Esperanza Spalding
13.) Splendor & Misery - clipping
12.) Dori Freeman - Dori Freeman
11.) Death of a Bachelor - Panic! At the Disco
10.) Malibu - Anderson .Paak
9.) Hollow Bones - Rival Sons
8.) Folklore - Big Big Train
7.) case/lang/veirs - case/lang/veirs
6.) Passengers - Artifex Pereo
5.) The Getaway - Red Hot Chili Peppers
4.) In My Room - Jacob Collier
3.) Affinity - Haken
2.) Stranger Heads Prevail - Thank You Scientist
1.) Lemonade - Beyonce


No comments:

Post a Comment